The IoT Counter for reading water and gas usage, or ITC 100, is an endpoint in Khomp’s IoT line that uses LoRa® communication to make automatic readings and to precisely detect leaks. Attached to water or gas meters in homes, condominiums or large institutions, this intelligent device can, depending on the model of the hydrometer, monitor consumption, determine the direction of flow (direct or inverse) and send all of the data collected without the need for any wires.
Another advantage of the ITC 100 is its “tamper” sensor, which registers an occurrence every time the case is opened — providing extra protection against possible fraud. In addition, the IoT Counter for reading water and gas is configured in conjunction with the ITG 200 Gateway, indoor or outdoor version, and the LoRa® Alliance network, which guarantees complete capture of data even over long distances.
- Connectivity via LoRa technology and LoRaWAN protocol
- In addition to monitoring consumption, in some cases, it is able to identify fraud and identify the direction of flow (direct or inverse) when used with hydrometers manufactured by LAO
- The device also has a tamper sensor, which registers an occurrence every time the case is opened or closed
- Compatible with hydrometers manufactured by LAO, which have an output for reed switch sensors that are capable of delivering information including flow, direction of flow and fraud with the hydrometer
- Compatible with gas meters manufactured by LAO
- Compatible with hydrometers manufactured by Elster
- Able to configure, via downlink command, the counting resolution performed by the device (that is, how many liters of water represent each count)