Kmedia is a carrier-grade media gateway that functions as a B2BUA Session Border Controller intermediating SIP calls. It was designed for convergent applications on digital communication platforms (E1/T1, STM-1, or SIP), replacing several signaling and connection devices with a single piece of equipment.
Featuring a hardware designed for high-traffic environments, the Kmedia 6400 SBC works with the major voice protocols for Next Generation Networks (NGN), and offers high levels of performance and throughput.
The Kmedia 6400 SBC is scalable up to 64 E1/T1 links in just 1U, thus eliminating the need for extra servers for management and signal processing. Each E1/T1 link can be managed for maximum use of its full capacity through a traffic distribution system that can meet the user’s predefined criteria, including prioritizing the lowest cost routes and route retry (timeout setting for the carrier to send the signalization), among others. It also allows for the partitioning of calls on all routes determined by the user simultaneously.
Offering the highest density of ports and processing of the industry and the lowest operating cost for a media gateway, the Kmedia family devices have an average energy consumption two thirds lower than other products of similar capacity, besides occupying less space in the Data Center, helping to reduce rental costs and contributing to reducing the environmental impact.
Kmedia represents a revolution in the gateway market, creating a new standard for availability, reliability, flexibility to grow, management, and footprint.
Key Features and Benefits
- 16 to 64 E1/T1 links
- 25 to 3,215 VoIP channels
- 230 CAPS (call attempts per second)
- 1 SIP channel for each TDM channel using universal codecs; echo canceling on all channels
- Software upgrade expansion for every 16 E1/T1 links and every 512 VoIP channels
- Supports up to 2300 concurrent sessions by using transcoding
- Redundancy for high availability using Kmedia 1 + 1
- SNMP support
- Includes patch panels for expansion
- SCSI connections for communication with the patch panels where the E1/T1 links will be connected
- Standard 1U form factor for 19” racks
- Dual power supply