Kmedia is a carrier-grade media gateway that functions as a B2BUA Session Border Controller intermediating SIP calls. It was designed for convergent applications on digital communication platforms (E1/T1, STM-1, or SIP), replacing several signaling and connection devices with a single piece of equipment.
Featuring a hardware designed for high-traffic environments, the Kmedia 1600 SBC works with the major voice protocols for Next Generation Networks (NGN) and offers high levels of performance and throughput.
Offering the highest density of ports and processing of the industry and the lowest operating cost for a media gateway, the Kmedia family devices have an average energy consumption two thirds lower than other products of similar capacity, besides occupying less space in the Data Center, helping to reduce rental costs and contributing to reducing the environmental impact.
Key Features and Benefits
- 8 to 16 E1/T1 links
- 256 to 512 VoIP channels
- 140 CAPS (call attempts per second)
- 1 SIP channel for each TDM channel, with universal codecs
- Echo canceling for all channels simultaneously
- Software upgrade expansion for every 1 E1/T1 link and every 32 VoIP channels
- Up to 2,300 concurrent SBC sessions
- Supports up to 686 concurrent sessions by using transcoding
- SNMP support
- Redundancy for high availability using Kmedia 1 + 1
- Standard 1U form factor for 19” racks
- Dual power supply